Children's Social Care complaints

If you have a complaint you can telephone, write or email the manager of your allocated social worker or personal advisor and explain why you want to make a complaint. Your allocated worker will provide you with the contact details of the relevant manager. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive or you want the complaint to be investigated by an independent person you should send your complaint to:

Integrated Customer Engagement Team
Children, Families and Wellbeing
Ground Floor
Trafford Town Hall
Talbot Road
M32 0TH

You can email your complaint to:

You can also make your complaint by telephone by contacting our Compliance and Governance Officer, on 0161 912 4416.

If you make a complaint about a decision that is made in respect of you, the decision will be frozen whilst the complaint is investigated. Of course, the decision may well not alter, but you will be given the chance to have your voice heard before any final decisions are made.

For more information, please see the Children's Statutory Complaints Procedure.

Please see also:

Independent Advice and Advocacy - for information for children and young people in care who may wish to speak to an independent person for advice about making their complaint.

Complaints to Ofsted - for information about making complaints about Ofsted registered education and social care provision.