Independent advice and advocacy

Help available in Trafford

Trafford Advocacy Service

Trafford Centre for Independent Living
Marshall House

2 Park Avenue
M33 6HE

Healthwatch Trafford

Floor 5, Sale Point

126 - 150 Washway Road
M33 6AG

Citizens Advice Trafford

Trafford Children's Rights Officer

If you are a child in care and you wish to speak to an independent person about the service that you are receiving or you want help to make a complaint then you can contact either Mark Bailey or Stacey Milward (Advocacy and Engagement Officers)

Office of the Children’s Commissioner

The Office of the Children’s Right’s Director merged with the Office of the Children’s Commissioner in April 2014.

If you are a child or young person who lives away from home or who receives social care, and needs advice or assistance, you can call them for free 0800 528 0731 or email them at

Adults representing children or young people in these circumstances can also get in touch using the same contact details.

The National Youth Advocacy Service (NYAS)

All looked after children have the right to be supported by an independent person. NYAS can provide you with an advocate who is a person who will either support you or speak up for you.

There are several ways that the NYAS Helpline can be contacted:

Freephone Helpline – call 0808 808 1001 (Some mobile networks may charge the same as a landline to connect to 0808 numbers)

  • Chat room: visit to talk online to a NYAS advisor.
  • Email:
  • Post: Write NYAS Freepost on the envelope.

The helpline is open: 9am until 8pm weekdays, 10 am until 4 pm Saturdays, Closed Sundays and Bank Holidays

The NSPCC Childline

The NSPCC Childline is an important service which offers children help, advice and counselling. A child can contact a ChildLine counsellor at any time who will listen and offer advice and support by telephoning 0800 1111. This is a free number.