Trafford Bond Scheme
The Trafford Bond Scheme (TBS) provides assistance to those who live in Trafford and are looking for accommodation in the private rented sector.
How TBS can help you
- TBS can offer financial assistance towards the deposit by providing a paper or cash bond to cover the deposit.
- We will also be able to refer you to tenancy support for further assistance if needed.
To qualify you must:
- Be over 18.
- Be homeless, threatened with homelessness or in a significant housing need.
- Earn a low income and/or on benefits.
- Have never previously caused any anti-social behaviour and are not intentionally homeless.
- Owe no money to Trafford Council or previous Bond Schemes.
- Have found a landlord who will accept TBS and the rent are affordable.
- Have lived in Trafford for at least the last 6 months.
- Be looking for somewhere to rent in the private rented sector.
If you don't meet ALL of the above criteria then you will not be eligible for this type of help.
If you feel you are eligible and meet all of the above criteria, then please telephone Housing Options Service Trafford (HOST) on 0161 912 2230 and ask about the Trafford Bond Scheme.